Who Are We?
We are Dave and Maria Meageen, and we own a company called DMM Properties Limited/EPC West Midlands Ltd and through this company we manage your property.
How to Reach Our Data Protection Officer?
To contact our Data Protection Office regarding our processing of your personal data, please email. dmmpropertiesltd.co.uk
How Do We Notify You of Changes to this Policy?
What Are Your Rights?
DMM Properties Limited recognizes that your personal data belongs to you and we don’t wish to use it in ways that you don’t want us to.
We do not use your data for any third-party marketing – we only hold your data within the company for the sole purpose of managing your tenancy.
You can also exercise a variety of rights regarding our use of your data:
· You can ask us for a copy of the information we have about you
· You can ask us to correct any incorrect data we have about you
· You can ask us to delete your data
· You can ask for your data in a common, machine-readable format
We will evaluate your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws and we will respond to your request within one month of receiving it. Also, note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, or the supervisory authority in your country of residence or place of work.
What Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal data about your identity, current address, your current employment and your previous landlord.
What Happens If You Don’t Want Us to Have Your Data?
You are not required to provide personal data to us. However, your failure to do so may affect our ability to provide the services you request. For example, we are unable to process your application for a property if you do not provide us with your personal information.
How Do We Use Your Data?
Your data is only used for the following reasons:
- To make a decision about letting a property to you
- To collect rent payments on a monthly basis
- To administer maintenance works as and when requested
- For fraud and illegal immigration prevention
- For audit and debt collection
We take your privacy very seriously and will only use it to administer products and services you have requested from us.
On What Legal Bases Do We Process Your Data?
We process your personal data by contacting your previous and current workplaces, your landlord and we will also check your financial situation by requesting copies of bank statements and/or pay slips.
With Whom Are We Sharing Your Data?
We may disclose your data to our affiliated organisations and subsidiaries, and to service providers who render services to us, or you, on our behalf (all of which are contractually obligated to act only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable laws, including GDPR). We also may disclose your information if required by law, requested by law enforcement authorities or to enforce our legal rights, such as pursuant to a subpoena or to HMRC.
Our service providers include:
- banks and payment providers - to authorise and complete payment transactions.
- third party identity checking or credit reference agencies - for the purposes of identity checking and bank account verification.
- organisations within the payment card industry - to help prevent online fraud.
- IT, information security and cloud services providers – to help us provide the Services and keep your data safe.
- External contractors such as Gas Safe engineers/ Electricians and EPC surveyors as well as general maintenance contractors.
Where Are We Sending Your Data?
DMM Properties Limited stores users’ personal data inside the European Union. Your personal data is stored in paper format in a secure filing system. Basic details such as name, tenancy start date, monthly rent, deposit information and the property address are stored within our Property Management System. Names and mobile numbers may also be stored on the company mobile phones which are kept securely in the office overnight. Only the Directors of the company, Dave and Maria Meageen have access to this data and this data is password protected.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your personal data in an identifiable form for as long as we have a legitimate reason to use the data and as required by law.