HOW DO WE OPERATE?
During the time that we have been operating we have built up a landlord and tenant base. This has been built up using local contacts and by advertising in the local press for tenants. As a result we have a number of quality tenants in many areas requiring accommodation.
Before setting up we looked closely at other Letting Agents and Property Management companies to see how they worked, what services they provided, and what their commissions were. They all varied but it was always our aim to offer the best services that they provide and more at a reduced cost to the client/landlord. We also wanted to provide a more personal service to the landlord in that they know at all times who they are dealing with and by being recommended they know that we can be trusted to look after their property.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND HOW CAN YOU BENEFIT FROM OUR SERVICE?
By working from home we have no fixed overheads and thus commission charged is smaller than the High Street agencies. The landlords that we currently help feel reassured by the fact that we visit the properties on a regular basis, thus knowing that their property is being looked after. This differs greatly from a number of other office based agencies who normally only visit the properties that they manage when a problem arisesand not before.
FULL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICE: We will provide a full management service on your property.
· We advertise for and vet all tenants. This usually involves a credit check and references are taken. As an extra security (if possible) the potential tenant is visited in their own property to inspect current living conditions. The tenant will complete a Tenant Application Form which gives us personal details such as bank account details, national insurance numbers and alternative contact details.
· Set up the tenancy and issue appropriate Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement ensuring that when the tenancy is extended that the agreement is still legal in line with changes to regulations.
· Collect the rent and take appropriate action should the tenant fail to pay. This may include taking court action. This is very rare, however we will do this for you without the need to appoint a solicitor and the only additional cost is the cost of the court fees.
· Check on the property– usually quarterly inspections – however properties are generally visited on a more regular basis. We can advise a landlord during the inspection what repairs/updates are required if a property falls below legal requirements and decide what action to take to ensure the property is ‘fit and proper’
· Liase between the tenant and the landlord. We are the first point of call. Our office is open 5 days a week – however the tenant has the facility to leave a message out of hours and if necessary and where possible a genuine emergency will be dealt with.
· Handle all the day to day running of the property, and becoming the first contact point when a problem arises
· Arrange repairs and maintenance of the property where required including landlord gas safety certificates and Energy Performance Certificates
· Commission – for a set fee of 10% of the gross rent (no Vat chargeable) and a sum equal to the first weeks rent at the start of each tenancy
Remember if we don’t let your property then you don’t pay anything - No let, No Fee
If you require further information or advice, do not hesitate to contact us
CLICK link LANDLORD INFORMATION PACK